5 Ingredient Berry Bruschetta
Bruschetta is another Italian classic. The great part about it is it's still completely customizable. Bruschetta is a pretty formulaic dish:
toasted bread + roasted diced tomatoes + garlic + basil + balsamic vinegar = bruschetta
Maybe you could add some mozzarella or burrata but no matter how to prepare it, tomato bruschetta is bruschetta. The great part about formulaic recipes, though, is they can easily have a similar substitute of a variable and still taste great. These were my substations for this berry bruschetta:
cinnamon sugar toast + balsamic strawberries + vegan cream cheese = berry bruschetta
You're going to love this recipe and you can make it for pretty much any time of day. I've made this for breakfast, brunch, a snack, and dessert. If you're making this for a group of people, I recommend making it two hours in advance of serving, but this can be made up to six hours beforehand and the strawberries will still have their sweet flavor.
You can also top ice cream, bagels, or salads with these strawberries for a sweet pop of flavor!
The amount of strawberries prepared could serve 4-6 people of small-medium sized portions.
- 16 oz. strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Cinnamon sugar bread
- Kite Hill Plain Cream Cheese (or other vegan cream cheese)
- First, wash your strawberries. Then chop the stems off and quarter them, placing them into a medium sized bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and one tbsp of coconut sugar.
- Toss the strawberries in the vinegar and sugar until fully coated. Cover in saran wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for 2-6 hours. See notes above regarding timing.
- Once the strawberries have marinaded for the desired time, remove from fridge to come to room temperature.
- Toast your bread slices and once toasted spread on a thin layer of cream cheese. Spoon enough strawberries to cover most of the cream cheese but not so much that they're overflowing and falling off the toast.
- The strawberries will last for about 5 days after making.