The Quickest Pico De Gallo Ever
I see too many people buying this stuff at the grocery stores - you don't need to do that! You can make your own pico de gallo at home so easily, trust me. Pico de gallo is a delicious mix of some of the freshest taking ingredients. It's something you can make all year round and another versatile recipe - it's also a cheap recipe.
You can buy all these ingredients at any grocery store and they're all affordable. If you've got a green thumb you could even grow your own ingredients, living in the city or suburbs.
This pico de gallo in particular is a great party recipe and perfect for making large batches. I would pair this snack with my watermelon basil frozen margarita that was sweet, refreshing, and the ultimate summer drink with a Latin-American influence . Another delicious combination for this recipe would be to top the pico and my garlic lime tahini dressing over nachos or tacos for a fresh and savory flavor. The possibilities are endless!
I hope this becomes a staple recipe for you!
- Four roma tomatoes
- 1/2 diced red onion
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2-3 tbsp of cilantro - I know not everyone likes cilantro, this will still be delicious if you choose to keep it out!
- 1/2 a jalapeño diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Cut your tomatoes in half. Remove all the seeds and any excess liquid from the core. You don't want the pico to be too juicy. Once complete, dice all the tomatoes and add to a medium bowl.
- Chop the onion, cilantro, jalapeño (removing all the seeds), and garlic and add to a bowl. Juice the lime over the bowl and combine fully.
- Taste test to determine how much salt to add based on your palette.
- Serve immediately with chips, tacos, or nachos. This will keep for about a week after preparation.