Small Batch Vegan Blueberry Orange Muffins
I've shared sweet recipes before such as my Coconut Ice Cream Pie that required no baking and was perfect for any party. Also, there was a Berry Bruschetta made with cream cheese, marinated strawberries and cinnamon sugar toast - this one is an amazing breakfast recipe!
I've been working on my baking skills in secret for a while now and I think I've finally found a specific recipe I've nailed. As most people do, I love Sundays. I love to drink my coffee in bed while I read a book and pet my cats. I'm not joking. It sounds ridiculous and it is and it's true (#noshame).
I also really love going out for breakfast on the weekends but in efforts to save money, I've been getting more creative at home. Most ingredients used in baking I already have, usually the hard part is deciding what flavors to add. The combination of the blueberries with the orange is a perfect balance of sweet and zesty. These muffins are
- One bowl
- Small batch
Makes 4 muffins
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 1 tbsp of grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 1/2 tbsp vegan butter, pre-softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your butter and coconut sugar to bowl together and whisk until creamy and well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, flaxseed egg, vanilla, almond milk, baking soda, and salt, stirring until fully combined.
- Grate the skin of an orange over a small dipping bowl until it looks to be about 1 tbsp. Add to the mixture bowl along with the blueberries, stirring again until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into four paper-lined muffin wells. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool before eating. These can get crumbly so I highly recommend keeping them in their wrappers until eating. Enjoy!