I've shared sweet recipes before such as my Coconut Ice Cream Pie that required no baking and was perfect for any party. Also, there was a Berry Bruschetta made with cream cheese, marinated strawberries and cinnamon sugar toast - this one is an amazing breakfast recipe!
I've been working on my baking skills in secret for a while now and I think I've finally found a specific recipe I've nailed. As most people do, I love Sundays. I love to drink my coffee in bed while I read a book and pet my cats. I'm not joking. It sounds ridiculous and it is and it's true (#noshame).
I also really love going out for breakfast on the weekends but in efforts to save money, I've been getting more creative at home. Most ingredients used in baking I already have, usually the hard part is deciding what flavors to add. The combination of the blueberries with the orange is a perfect balance of sweet and zesty. These muffins are
- One bowl
- Small batch
Makes 4 muffins
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 1 tbsp of grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 1/2 tbsp vegan butter, pre-softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add your butter and coconut sugar to bowl together and whisk until creamy and well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, flaxseed egg, vanilla, almond milk, baking soda, and salt, stirring until fully combined.
- Grate the skin of an orange over a small dipping bowl until it looks to be about 1 tbsp. Add to the mixture bowl along with the blueberries, stirring again until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into four paper-lined muffin wells. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to completely cool before eating. These can get crumbly so I highly recommend keeping them in their wrappers until eating. Enjoy!