Double Chocolate Jeweled Mousse
What would Valentine's Day be without some chocolate? What would Valentine's Day be without dessert in general, honestly?
Whether you're hosting a Valentine's Day dinner for you and your special someone or perhaps an entire dinner party, this recipe is perfect from a table for two to a large group. If you don't want to go the chocolate route, my Raspberry Oat Crisp is equally simple and a true crowd pleaser for the fruit lovers.
If you're still looking for Valentine's Day dinner recipes, last week I shared my Black Truffle Mushroom Fettuccine for a fancy recipe with minimal effort. I also have Raspberry Bellini if you need something to set the mood.
Did you know pomegranate seeds used to be given as wedding gifts in Ancient Egypt? Known for their plethora of seeds, the fruits symbolized wishing abundant fertility to newly weds.
I love this recipe because it's almost refined-sugar free depending on the type of dark chocolate you use. Using 80% dark chocolate or higher means less added sugar and a richer flavor for your chocolate mousse.
This freezes easily and can be made ahead of time if necessary. When you're ready to serve, remove the freezer safe container from the freezer and allow to thaw for about 10-30 minutes. I don't recommend freezing the pomegranate seeds, however.
- 1 block silken tofu
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted vegan dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Remove your silken tofu from its packaging and wrap in paper towels to remove the excess liquid. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- While the tofu is pressing, add your chocolate to a microwave safe bowl, heating for 15 seconds at a time. After each round, stir the chocolate to prevent burning.
- In a medium bowl, add the pressed silken tofu, melted chocolate, cacao powder, and natural sweetener of your choice. Using a hand mixer on low speed, mix until everything is well combined and extra creamy-smooth.
- Serve about 3/4 of a cup of the mixture into glass bowls or cups, top with pomegranate seeds and extra chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!