Sweet Potato Kielbasa Skillet
In case you hadn't already noticed, I love sweet potatoes. I prefer them over regular white potatoes any day because of their sweet (obviously) flavor but also for their unique nutritional values! These spectacular spuds are full of vitamin A which can help strengthen your immune system and is also good for vision health. If you love sweet potatoes too, try my Sweet Potato Ginger Soup, which is also great for boosting immune system health.
Something I strive for at i am rorie is creating simple, minimal ingredient, delicious and nutritious meals. This recipe is exactly that!
Lately I've been working extra hard to be conscious of my protein intake as it hasn't been high enough regularly. Adding Tofurkey's Kielbasa Sausages is the perfect way to meet my macro daily requirements. One sausage as 26g of protein! Pair this salty Polish kitchen staple with the heartiness of roasted sweet potatoes and you get the perfect sweet and savory dinner using only one pot!
If you're looking for more sweet and savory dinners, try my Roasted Cabbage Salad with Maple Ginger Dressing that's light but full of healthy fats and carbs! Another quick and one pot meal (if you use an immersion blender) is my Cauliflower Parsnip Cheddar Corn Soup that's extra light and easy to whip up without much effort.
I recommend making this dinner when you need to make something to eat for a few days because it yields a lot of servings. It's also full of nutrition which is an extra bonus for quick meal.
- 1/2 white onion, roughly diced
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes, roughly cubed
- 3 Tofurkey Kielbasa links, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and cube your sweet potatoes, slice your kielbasa, and dice your onion. Toss in a large glass bowl with the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and oil.
- Pour into a cast iron skillet and place in the oven, allowing to cook for 20-25 minutes. Pierce your sweet potatoes with a fork to determine doneness.
- Once cooked all the way through, remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Eat immediately or store for a super protein meal later in the week!