Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
Has anyone else noticed the vegan community's undying love for buffalo hot sauce? I feel like every vegan spot has a buffalo option for obligatory reasons. It's my favorite type of pizza from Dimo's, so I can't complain.
This week I'm getting ready for the Super Bowl. And when I say "getting ready" I'm talking about my stomach so I can eat all the delicious snacks. Earlier this week I shared my Homemade Pizza Rolls that are even better than they sound - those bad boys are easy and ready in less than 20 minutes.
But what's a sports gathering without the staple of a delicious dip? Enter the Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip brought to you by yours truly. This dip is for spice and cheese lovers all over the world. It's creamy, smooth, and cheesy as can be.
I try to make as healthy of recipes as possible on i am rorie but this one is not a healthy recipe at all (sorry, not sorry). I tried to make it better by serving the dip with celery but why lie? Sometimes you need to live it up a little!
This dip is to die for, my roommate and I couldn't stop. After we were done with the photos, we sat down to a movie and devoured a good portion of it. I have a feeling you'll be doing the same!
I don't think you'll need to worry about keeping this recipe because it won't last past the game - or whatever party/gathering you bring this to!
- 16 oz. of softened vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups of vegan cheese (I used mozzarella and pepper jack)
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 Gardien "chicken" scallopinis defrosted, shredded
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the vegan cream cheese, buffalo hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, apple cider vinegar, dried parsley leaves, nondairy milk, and the shredded cheeses to a food processor until fully combined. Taste test to reach desired level of spice.
- Add the shredded "chicken" and pulse a few times to evenly combine into the dip.
- Pour the dip into an oven safe pyrex dish, and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes to heat up. While the dip warms, toast a few slices of bread, then tearing into smaller pieces to serve.
- After 5-8 minutes, remove the dip from the oven, place on a large tray with the bread and any dipping worthy veggies you'd like! Serve and enjoy until it's all gone!